Outside Magazine/Lowe Alpine Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") Official Rules
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("D.C.") ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR D.C. AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. ELIGIBILITY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCE OF WINNING. This Sweepstakes begins 11/13/07 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on 12/10/07 at 11:59 p.m. EST ("Promotion Period") and is open to all legal United States and D.C. residents who are at least 18 years old at time of entry, except employees of Mariah Media Inc. ("Sponsor"), Lowe Alpine Systems USA, Inc., and any of their affiliate companies, subsidiaries, retailers, dealers, sales representatives, distributors, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers and the immediate families and household members of each. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER. To enter: Go To http://www.outsideinfo.com and follow the on-screen instructions for entering the Sweepstakes. You will be asked to provide your name, age, address, phone number and VALID e mail address. LIMIT UP TO ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/HOUSEHOLD/E-MAIL ADDRESS DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD. You may obtain a copy of the official Sweepstakes rules by sending a self addressed stamped envelope ("SASE") to Outside Magazine/Lowe Alpine Rules, 444 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 postmarked no later than 11/01/07 (VT residents may omit return postage). Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her Sweepstakes entries) who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes and randomly award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken by Sponsor, should fraud, virus, bug or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
4. DRAWING/PRIZE/ODDS. One (1) prize winner will be drawn at random from among all eligible entries received, on or about 12/11/07. Winner will receive a Lowe Alpine TFX Summit 65 + 15 Pack. Approximate retail value: $300.00. The odds of winning are based upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Prize winner will be notified by overnight mail and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of notification. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or prize is refused by any notified winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is eighteen (18) years old, but considered a minor in his/her state of residence, prize may be awarded on minor's behalf to a parent/legal guardian of eligible minor, who must execute and return any required documents as noted previously in these rules. Winner's entry and acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, voice and address (city and state) on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without notice or further compensation except where prohibited by law. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Except at Sponsor's discretion, no cash redemption, substitution, or transfer of prize allowed. In case of unavailability of advertised prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
6. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor and Promotion Party, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorney's fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, winner agrees that Sponsor and Promotion Party, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, officers, directors, employees, and agents will not be held responsible for any system damage, loss of property, accidents, injuries, or death that may occur in the receipt, awarding, use or possession of prize and/or participation in any prize related activity, including any travel related thereto. Winner acknowledges that Sponsor has not made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturer's terms therefore, and winner agrees to look solely to manufacturer for any such warranty and/or guarantee. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants and winner agree to be bound by these rules, the decisions of Sponsor and any applicable federal, state or local laws and regulations.
7. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New Mexico without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the state of New Mexico.
8. WINNER'S NAME. To obtain a copy of the winner's name, send a SASE to Outside Magazine/Lowe Alpine Winner, 444 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 520, Chicago, IL 60611 by February 10, 2008. Winner's name will be sent when winner has been verified and prize has been awarded.
Sponsor/Administrator: Mariah Media Inc., 400 Market St., Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501